Resource & Referral Specialist (North Central Region)
Seeking a qualified enthusiastic professional to provide high quality trainings and educational support to Child Care providers & programs
DCD is seeking a qualified professional with a degree in/or related to early childhood. The Resource and Referral Specialist will be responsible for coordinating and implementing training and providing assistance to providers and parents in the community.
Work Location: Bartlesville, OK
Schedule: Full Time
Salary: Highly competitive, commensurate with education and experience
Delaware Child Development centers are 3-Star, nationally accredited centers and provide employees with paid insurance, a retirement plan, paid holidays, annual leave, and sick leave. DCD programs provide a professional work environment for employees and a positive, safe environment for children.
Position Summary: The Resource and Referral Specialist will be responsible for maintaining the WorkLife System for his/her area. He/she will be responsible for coordinating and implementing training and providing technical assistant to providers and parents in the communities of the designated counties in the Service Delivery Area (SDA).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: 1. Work as a team in implementing program goals, objectives, and work plan of the R&R program with the service area.
2. Ensure that trainings are implemented in the SDA of R&R program.
3. Provide technical assistance and on-site visits to Child Care Centers and Homes.
4. Maintain the Resource Room and materials in his/her respective office.
5. Provide Director of Education and Training with periodic reports and assist in development quarterly reports
6. Operate, maintain, and update the database software (NACCRRAware) utilized by the state as often as designated by management.
7. Develop and maintain a working knowledge of the child care resources available to providers and parents in the designated counties.
8. Attend community meetings as needed with input from the Director of Training and Curriculum
9. Develop resource and referral information brochures, newsletters, press releases, or for public presentations to disseminate as required by management.
10. Develop, plan, and coordinate a minimum of 5 trainings per quarter for child care providers.
11. Recruit and mentor providers for child care, especially in underserved areas and assist providers in developing support groups and associations.
12. Set up information booths at community functions in the designated SDA as needed and discussed with Director of Education and Training
13. Maintain community awareness of child care issues and relationships with agencies and businesses in the community.
14. Assist in the licensing procedures for Family Child Care Homes and Centers as requested by potential providers.
15. Provide input and articles for scheduled R&R newsletters.
16. Attend local, state, regional, and national meetings/training as needed.
17. Work as a team to ensure that all requirements of the OCCRRA contract and DCD program are met.
18. Other duties as designated by the Director of Education and Training or Executive Director.
1. A Bachelor’s Degree is required along with knowledge and/or experience in early care and education and/or child development
2. Ability to communicate positively and effectively with others.
3. Effective time management and strong organizational skills essential.
4. Positive, friendly, caring, professional attitude.
5. Ability to travel locally.
6. Have a valid driver’s license and be insurable.
7. Have no felony convictions or misdemeanor convictions for offices relating to children, and have satisfactorily completed background check and drug and alcohol testing.
1. Experience using MS Outlook, Publisher, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet.
2. Good editing skills – experience required.
3. Experience in managing an office – filing, computer use, purchasing, scheduling, etc.
Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to communicate positively and effectively with others.
2. Effective time management and strong organizational skills essential.
3. Positive, friendly, caring, professional attitude
Contingent upon education and experience.
Paid Medical/Dental/Life Insurance (employee only)
Retirement Savings Plan
Paid Vacation and Sick Leave