Ms Josy's Class - Infants
Hello, Infant Class Families! Welcome to April & Spring!
As we come into the Spring season, our bodies are about to experience all kinds of allergy triggers from the wind blowing around the dust and debris, rain building on the outdoor mold, and trees growing the pollen. I’ve noticed a lot of us have already been experiencing these allergy triggers. Luckily, there are some activities we can do in our infant room to help ease these allergies.
One of the most common activities is good hygiene practice. There are several other activities for your baby to participate in, such as:
1) Hand washing: We will hand over hand help your baby wash their hands with warm water and soap.
2) Baby Yoga: I will provide opportunities and model to your baby some baby stretches that will help keep our bodies flowing and help with drainage and stuffiness of the nose.
3) I will provide healthy snacks for your baby from the kitchen such as fresh tomatoes, fruits, and water so we keep our immune system strong and ready to combat allergies.
4) Lots of physical and sensory exploration: It’s a great energy booster to the body and immune system to keep moving, plus we are growing our big muscles. The sensory exploration gives us that great exposure to things we are curious about, and our immune system recognizes those different minerals. This activity will be fully supervised.
* I encourage you to stay mindful of your own food and liquid intake so that you stay strong and ready to combat your own allergies.
Thank you for everything you do as parents and for working patiently with us; we greatly appreciate you. Please feel free to share a piece of home with your baby while at school such as some pictures.