Letter from the Director!
It is hard to believe that our first month of our new year has already ended. Your children, as you know, are developing and growing so quickly. It is such an honor to be on this journey alongside you. With that being said, I have some exciting things to share with you.
1. We will be sending out parent surveys this month. Please take the time to participate. It is so very important to the Organization to have your feedback.
2. February 19th will be DOUGH DAY in all our centers. For those of you that have been with us, you have seen MUD DAY in all its goodness. DOUGH DAY is new this year, and we are so excited to share this AMAZING SOCIAL SENSORY MOMENT in all our classrooms.
3. All our classrooms will be participating. The older classrooms will even get to experiment with making their own DOUGH.
4. For the entire day, we will be using our hands and our minds to navigate through our day-to-day activities, from a different, very hands-on perspective.
5. Finally, since February is commonly known as a month of love, I want to encourage each of our families to let this month be all about AFFIRMATIONS. Affirmations are very influential in boosting your child’s confidence, self-esteem, self-worth, and sense of belonging. Together at home and in the center, let us be intentional on speaking life into your children.
Here are some of my favorites:
Your child repeats after you … (If your child is still “cooing and ahhhing” to communicate with you then just speak these affirmations to them, so instead of I am you would be saying “You are”
I am ____________ (child’s name)
I am STRONG
I am KIND
I am LOVING
I am a LEADER
I am LOVED
I make GOOD CHOICES
I am SMART
I am BEAUTIFUL/HANDSOME
I have GREAT IDEAS
I am a GOOD FRIEND
I am IMPORTANT
I am AMAZING
Each of your children are unique. No one is the same. Each child is developing at their own pace. They have their own thoughts, own feelings, and own emotions, but every child is AMAZING. We are going to do our best to remind them of that EVERY DAY.
Again, thank you for the opportunity to be an extension of your home! Each of your children’s smiles bless me daily!
Ivy Academy Claremore