Seeking a qualified professional with education and experience in early childhood development
DCD is seeking a qualified professional with education in early childhood with experience in a child care setting. The right person will assist in maintaining a positive learning environment conductive to the well-being of young children.
Work Location: Claremore, OK
Schedule: Full Time
Salary: Highly competitive, commensurate with education and experience
Delaware Child Development centers are 3-Star, nationally accredited centers and provide employees with paid insurance, a retirement plan, paid holidays, annual leave, and sick leave. DCD programs provide a professional work environment for employees and a positive, safe environment for children.
The Assistant Teacher will be responsible for implementing quality programming within the classroom and for maintain all licensing and accreditation standards in accordance with the WCCCF/DCD standards. He/she will assist in maintain a positive learning environment conductive to the well-being of young children.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assist with classroom management and adhere to the program discipline policy
2. Assist with classroom recordkeeping duties as directed by the Master Teacher
3. Supervise children at all times - in the classroom, on playground, on field trips, during parties, etc.
4. Implement Family Style Dining in accordance with DCD program standards
5. Report all injuring/accidents to Director that occur during shift
6. Assist in keeping the classroom clean and orderly
7. Maintain client, employee, and agency confidentiality
8. Maintain a working relationship with families of all children
9. Promote WCCCF/DCD in a positive way to families and the community
10. Be willing to gain more knowledge, experience, and training in the field of Early Childhood Development by attending local, state, and national child care meetings/trainings
11. All other duties as designated by the Site Director and/or Master Teacher
The Assistant Teacher will report to the Master Teacher and the Site Director
1. Minimum requirement of a High-School Diploma/GED
2. Must obtain a minimum of a CDA within 18 months of hire
3. Minimum of 20 hours training required annually
4. Meet and maintain all state and licensing requirements, accreditation criteria, and DCD policies
5. Know requirements for mandatory reporting of child abuse
6. Have no felony convictions or misdemeanor convictions for offenses relating to children or violence, and satisfactorily complete the required background check and drug testing
Be able to lift children assigned to your care and maintain classroom cleanliness