Seeking a qualified professional with experience and education in Early Childhood Leadership & Management
DCD is seeking a qualified professional with experience and education in Early Childhood Leadership. The right person will have the ability to facilitate quality programming for children using developmentally appropriate practices and foster leadership skills among teaching staff within the center.
Work Location: Claremore, OK
Schedule: Full Time
Salary: Highly competitive, commensurate with education and experience
Delaware Child Development centers are 3-Star, nationally accredited centers and provide employees with paid insurance, a retirement plan, paid holidays, annual leave, and sick leave. DCD programs provide a professional work environment for employees and a positive, safe environment for children.
The Site Director will be responsible for the management and operations of the child development center and staff. He/she will ensure all licensing and accreditation standards are met in accordance with the WCCCF/DCD program standards. He/she will ensure the fiscal management of the center is conducted in accordance to policies and procedures of the WCCCF/DCD program. He/she will oversee the use of Creative Curriculum and online classroom assessments in the center. He/she will maintain a positive learning environment conducive to the well-being of young children.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Review director expectations.
2. Manage and provide positive guidance to staff in the center/program.
3. Maintain electronic record keeping and submit periodic status reports to the main office.
4. Know about developmentally appropriate activities and Creative Curriculum.
5. Maintain records relating to CACFP.
6. Maintain program to meet required guidelines of the DCD program, state, and accreditation standards.
7. Assist in the development, implementation, and maintenance of program policies as needed.
8. Assist with classroom and kitchen duties, when necessary.
9. Assist with classroom management, when necessary.
10. Assist with developing, planning, and providing training to teachers.
11. Able to work independently and meet deadlines.
12. Attend local, state, regional, and national child care meetings/training when deemed appropriate.
13. Maintain positive parent/child relationships.
14. Promote WCCCF/DCD in a positive way to families and the community.
15. Maintain positive environment for children, families, and employees.
16. Submit status reports to the main office.
17. Maintain client, employee, and agency confidentiality.
18. Other duties as designated by the Executive Director.
1. Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or closely related field with Early Childhood hours, prefer MS in Early Childhood and experience managing accredited early childhood programs.
2. Willing to complete more education and training in field of Early Childhood Education and Management.
3. Be in good health, have a current TB test, and maintain certification in CPR/First Aid.
4. Have a valid driver's license and be insurable.
5. Have no felony convictions or misdemeanor convictions for offenses relating to children, and
satisfactorily complete the required background check and drug and alcohol testing.
1. Experience in management of finances and employees.
Skills and Abilities:
1. Proficient in computer use.
2. Ability to communicate effectively with others.